Saturday, March 9, 2013

////

Random - Cucur Manis Jagung Recipe

Other than baking, I also like to explore cooking. But on a daily basis I like to try recipes that are quick to prepare and fast to cook. Preferably something that take less than 30 min (prep + cooking time) to gobble down! LOL!

So the other day, while walking back from my florist class on Friday I bought corn in a cup. I only ate 2-3spoon, so when I arrive home that evening  I decided to turn it into Cucur Manis Jagung (Sweet Corn Fritter). It is something that is quick and simple for anybody to do, a quick and easy teatime/breakfast menu.

I bet even a working wife can prepare it for breakfast for her husband before work, with a lot of determination and multitasking in the morning! I believe this batter can be prepared the night before, keep them in the fridge and fry them in the morning. If you prefer making them for breakfast.


Cucur Manis Jagung (Sweet Corn Fritter)
Recipe:
makes about 20-25 fritter

1 cup of corn kernal (whole or pulse in the blender for different texture)
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2-3 tbsp milk powder
2 tbsp sugar
3/4 - 1 cup of water

Instruction

Heat oil on a medium and start preparing batter .Mix corn and all dry ingredient. Add 3/4 cup of water and mix well, add the remaining water if texture of batter is to thick. Fry approximately 1 tbsp per fritter untill all batter is finish.


Enjoy! do leave a comment if you have tried this recipe :)

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment